The Let CP Kids Learn Project was born out of a desire to change the prevalent narrative about the intellectual capabilities of Children with Cerebral Palsy in Nigeria.
A Nigeria where children with Cerebral palsy are offered inclusive mainstream education as a first option as a right and not as the exception that currently exists
- Changing public perception about the intellectual capabilities of Children with Cerebral Palsy through public enlightenment programmes.
- Encouraging and supporting parents to raise their children with Cerebral palsy in their own homes and communities, including educating them in mainstream schools.
- Providing Support to Parents in the Management of Cerebral Palsy using a robust referral system
- Providing support to teachers, tutors and schools to enable them enrol, engage and support children with Cerebral palsy in mainstream classrooms
- Providing trainings and support materials to both families and teachers to help them understand Cerebral Palsy and ways to teach children with the condition.